Mossbacks Restaurant & Bar
Mossbacks Restaurant serves up high quality and delicious food in a friendly, relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere. Located next to the popular Fishbowl Bar, Mossbacks features a full-service liquor bar along with a large selection of beers including popular craft beers. Craft cocktails are no problem for the experienced bartenders at Mossbacks. Mossbacks is located in the historical Valentine Doller building with the Fishbowl. This historic Put-in-Bay building was named after Valentine Doller who was a patriarch of one of the founding Put-in-Bay Families in the 19th century. Rumour has it he stashed his gold somewhere in the building and it has yet to be found.
Just off Delaware Avenue, the popular main strip next to DeRviera Park, Mossbacks offers a great view of the park, harbor and Put-in-Bay Marina and Boat Docks . Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner are all served daily and just a short walk from most of the Put-in-Bay Shopping venues. A popular Brunch is served on the weekends but be sure to get there early as lines are often long for this popular event. The Bar & Restaurant close at 10 pm nightly.
Mossbacks Breakfast Favorites
- Sausage and Gravy over freshly baked biscuits
- Buttermilk Pancakes and hot Maple Syrup
- The Commodore’s Favorite (A buttermilk biscuit topped with a cheesy hash brown casserole, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and bacon strips)
- Steak and Eggs (only for the really hungry)
- Buttermilk Pancakes
Friendly and efficient bartenders serve up many popular brunch cocktails including the famous Mimosa and their Breakfast Bomb signature drink. This popular shot is sure to start your day off with a bang! Butterscotch Schnapps is combined with Jameson Whisky and dropped into a glass of freshly squeezed Orange Juice. One great way to get your vitamins and a head start on the day.
Mossbacks Appetizer Menu Favorites
- Chicken Wings served hot and crispy
- Sauerkraut Balls served with Thousand Island Dressing for dipping
- Mossbacks famous Pierogies
- Potato Cakes with applesauce and sour cream sides
- Lake Erie Walleye Nuggets with tartar sauce
Mossback Bountiful Featured Entrees
- Prime Rib Au-Jus served to order
- Lake Erie Perch Basket The Pride of Lake Erie A Must Try!
- Mossbacks Island Salad
- Land and Lake Combination Platter
- Perch and Pierogies Combination
- Cauliflower Tacos
- Fishermans Combo Favorite Lightly battered Lake Erie Yellow Perch and Walleye combo plate
Pierogies and Mossbacks are one and the same as their handcrafted potatoes dumplings are lightly pan-fried and served with grilled onions and coleslaw. You can pair these famous potato cakes with Lake Erie Yellow Perch and just about any other menu item by request! Be sure to save room for their scrumptious desserts including Key Lime Pie, and the to die for Carrot Cake. While awaiting your dinner before or for an after-dinner cocktail, the well-stocked Mossbacks Bar is sure to satisfy any drink craving or request you may have.
After dining, you are in a great location for a stroll down to the Put-in-Bay Paddleboarding location to burn off some of the hearty food! If you are considering going out and trying to catch some of that great Lake Erie perch just down the road is the departure point for the Put-in-Bay Fishing Charters where expert Captains can put you on the Perch or Walleye. If you get tired of walking, catch a ride on the Put-in-Bay Rolling Pub or hail the Put-in-Bay Tour Train for a narrated tour around the island with stops at many interesting locations.